1950s07 Jun. 2012
In 1950 the Company expanded its services by selling investment securities to the public to finance its loan operation. Beginning with its first sale of a $12 certificate, business grew to 200 local investors with purchases of $203,000 by 1955. The Company relocated in 1951 and remained as an one-office operation until 1955, when it began opening additional loan offices in Toccoa, Clarkesville, and Lavonia, Georgia. In 1956, Credit Life and Accident & Health insurance were added to the Company’s insurance offerings.